July 1st 2020
Dear Wonderful Patients and Friends of Upper Dublin Family Dentistry:
As the regulations regarding social distancing have begun to relax, we wanted to let you know that we have been hard at work devising and revising our office procedures to ensure that your visits with us can be safe and effective.
We always have and always will strive to make sure that infection control and the safety of our patients is our primary concern. While we have remained available for emergency treatment over these past few months, we have had to curtail most of our non-emergent services until we could ensure the safety of our patients and our staff.
Following the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as well as relying upon our personal staff expertise, we have begun to resume normal operations with some changes to our normal operating procedures.
We have made changes to our facilities, equipment, PPE, and schedules to ensure that any visit to our office can be completed in an environment and in a manner which minimizes any risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Please bear with us as, as information pertaining to the pandemic is constantly evolving, and so too must our practices. However at this time we felt that we can begin to resume more normal functions without increasing the exposure risk to our patients or staff.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
· You will be asked to sign online Informed Consent Form: “COVID-19 Consent for Dental Treatment” prior to dental treatment. We also will ask you to fill out any relevant forms online prior to your treatment.
· When entering the office, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer. We will check your temperature, give you a brand new mask and new, clean gloves to use while in the office.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. You will see no patients in our waiting room or corridors. That might imply that your appointment may be slightly longer than usual and you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
· We are making lots of changes behind the scenes as well, and our operatories and even our front desk area will probably look different to our long time patients.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our offices (no online scheduling is available at this time).
We would like to thank all of our doctors and staff who have been seeing emergency patients throughout this pandemic.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Doctors and Staff at Upper Dublin Family Dentistry