We have made changes to our facilities, equipment, PPE, and schedules to ensure that every visit to our office can be completed in an environment and in a manner, which minimizes any risk of exposure to COVID-19.
We always have and always will strive to make sure that infection control and the safety of our patients is our primary concern.
Following the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as well as relying upon our personal staff expertise, we resumed normal operations with some changes to our normal operating procedures.
Please bear with us as, as information pertaining to the pandemic is constantly evolving.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
· You will be asked to sign online Informed Consent Form: “COVID-19 Consent for Dental Treatment” at the day of the appointment. We also will ask you to fill out any relevant forms online prior to your treatment.
· Please call from your car to let us know that you arrived.
· When entering the office, please wear your mask. We will check your temperature, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer, and we will give you gloves.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might imply that your appointment may be slightly longer than usual, and you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
· We are making lots of changes behind the scenes as well, and our operatories and even our front desk area will probably look different to our long-time patients.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our offices (no online scheduling is available at this time).
We would like to thank all our doctors and staff who have been seeing emergency patients throughout this pandemic.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to see you soon.
The Doctors and Staff at Upper Dublin Family Dentistry